It’s always nice to recap the year before jumping into the new year! Sometimes I feel so anxious at the beginning of the new year to just jump into new project and not reflect on all the things we did the year prior. This is going to sound silly, but I felt the need to detox my own home and mind before jumping into anything new this year. I’ve made countless donation trips, decluttered more than I thought I possibly could, and wrote out a Punch List for the house.
2023 was full of lots of projects, family time and life lived enjoying this beautiful island we get to call home. We’re sharing some news at the end for 2024!
2023 Project Recap
We turned a garden potting bench into a work sink and painted the side of the house, celebrated our 8 year anniversary, and continued on demo for the pantry, traveled to Nashville for a girls weekend celebrating sweet friends turning 30!
We tiled the pantry with our DIY zellige like tiles, painted, celebrated Cody’s 32nd birthday.
Worked on creating my Spanish beam dreams come true in our pantry remodel, transformed a Facebook Marketplace Cabinet into a built-in pantry cabinet, took the kids to Disney World.
We turned large format tiles into our dream soapstone like countertop in the pantry, Cody left on a 6 week work trip.
I celebrated turning 31! Made DIY floating shelves for the pantry, did our own DIY turf installation in the front yard, started our main bedroom project
Demoed all the tiles in our main bedroom and laid the last bit of our flooring, started on the IKEA custom closet for the main bedroom.
Created the ultimate DIY IKEA Desk hack for my kids bedroom, traveled to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico for a honeymoon we never had.
Shared our 3 favorite tips for hanging curtains the right way, created no garage storage solutions for our Florida home, celebrated our first baby, Liv, turning 6 years old,
Did a deep dive into color analysis for clothing and realized my own clothing affected the way I style my home, rounded up our favorite faux fall florals and stems, shared a DIY Candle hack repurposing old candles, the easiest way to make your home feel like fall – frame TV art, made the ultimate list of our favorite classic fall movies, created the easiest DIY “Hi, Pumpkin” doormat,
Went to NYC for the first time for the Better Homes & Garden Stylemaker event, created a really fun DIY Golf Cornhole set, celebrated Fantasy Fest with lots of costumes and parades including our favorite – The Zombie Bike Ride.
Cash turned 4 and we had a traditional small dinner party with some of his close friends and Italian food, turned our hoarder-ask backyard into a Spanish outdoor oasis, celebrated our first Thanksgiving with just us.
Installed the new front door of our dreams, made tamales with my mom for the first time, celebrated our last Christmas in Key West, traveled to Boston for the first time on a parent solo trip for a dear friends wedding
Best of 2023
The best of 2023 and your favorites from this year rounded up all in one place!
- Soft Cabana Striped Beach Towels $54
- Vtopmart 25 PCS Clear Plastic Drawer Organizers Set $26
- Stanhope Reclaimed Oak Single Vanity $1187
- Madison Avenue Women Blue Light Glasses $15
- BISSELL Little Green Multi-Purpose Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner $123
- HOKA Rincon 3 Sneakers $125
- Set of 4 Pot and Pan Lid Holders Self Adhesive Wall Mount Storage Organizer $14
- FOYUEE Galvanized Raised Garden Beds $49
- Loloi Amber Lewis x Loloi Georgie Collection $151
- KitchenAid Ribbed Soft Silicone Oven Mitt Set, 7″x13″, Milkshake 2 Count $34
- UCOMX Nano 3 in 1 Wireless Charger for iPhone,Magnetic Foldable 3 in 1 Charging Station $39
- 4 Pack Snack Containers $16
- 4 cu. ft. Concrete Mixer $290
- UGG Coquette Shearling Lined Slipper $120
- Greely Counter Stool $775
- Better Homes & Gardens 12″ and 16″ Ellan Terracotta Resin Planter, 2-pack $42
- XZ XIFA 100% Natural French Flax Linen Duvet Cover King $148
- Collapsible Outdoor Swimming Bathing Tub Kiddie Pool $24
- Lemedy Women Sports Bra $21
I hope you guys enjoyed your holidays and Happy New Year! We’ve got a lot of plans for this year and can’t wait to share everything with you guys. We’re so grateful for each and every one of you!